Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Terrific Under Ten Tuesday #5

Pottery Barn has these wonderful lanterns to accent your home or patio. Prices range from $30-$100.

You can showcase candles, flowers, plants, seasonal decor. Just a fun item to have.


I got these FREE light fixtures at my local salvage center last fall. They were cleaning out inventory so I scored several FREE items that day. The 2 on the left got a spray paint makeover and now are in our mudroom and stair landing.

As you can see the light fixture second from the right had the lantern look to it. So that was my quick and easy makeover I did this weekend.


I didn't need the actual light, so I took it apart and removed the wiring as well. Then I taped off all the glass before spray painting. That was the most time consuming part of the whole project.

Then I sprayed the metal frame with spray metal primer and oil rubbed bronze.


Let it dry for several hours before handling it. And now I have a fun lantern for candles and/or diplays.

Sorry about the pictures and poor arrangements. Still not feeling well and I did this at night.


I need to get some easter eggs to make for a little nest arrangement.



A nice Free Makeover! Love those kind, don't you?!

Now it's your turn to link up to Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!

Here are a few "rules" in order for you to join in on the party:

*Please be a follower of my blog.

*Your project must be made or bought for $10 or less.

*Your project must be HOME related. For example a DIY project, craft, makeover, thrift find, recipe, kiddo activity, party ideas...you get the idea.

*Please do not link up Online Shops or Giveaways.


*You can link up to 3 projects. (They don't have to be new. Look in your past posts and pick out some favorites to share.)
 
*Link to the specific post and not to the main page of your blog. If you don't know how to do this, Not Just A Housewife provides a great "how to link up to a linky party tututorial" HERE.

*Add the Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays button to the bottom of your post, side bar, or to your linky party list.

At Home With K
 
The linky party will be open for 2 days. Then I will feature some favorites on Friday!
 
*By linking up, you give me the permission to use your photo(s) from your post on Feature Friday.
 
 
Please visit some links and show some comment love! Everyone loves comments!
 
 
 
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...