Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 28, 2011

gallery wall complete and with a story

I could have done my gallery wall with just pics of my kids, but I already have pictures of my them in pretty much every room. :) Nate Berkus always says to have your house tell your story. I actually have always thought that as well. I mean, not in those exact words, but I have always thought your home should be a reflection of who you are and your personality. So, here we go..... Each frame is from a flea market or thrift store, excluding the bottom right one. I already had that one. This first pic I found was in my parents basement. When my grandfather was superintendant at the Naval Academy, this was the Navy football team and they presented him this photo. Actually, former quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, Roger Staubach is number 12 in this photo. It was just sitting in the basement along with a million other pictures of my grandparents. I asked my dad if I could have it because it seems silly that these amazing pictures are just sitting in a stack where no one can enjoy them. I bought the frame at a antique store for hardly anything and I spray painted it white. Then of course there is my "G" to represent our last name. :)
Here is our little family. It's my favorite family picture so far and it just had to be hung.
My husband and I have a heart for the children along the amazon in Brazil. He and I both have gone on seperate trips and I am going again in June. I cannot wait. When my husband, Brad was there this past January, he absolutely adored these 2 little ones. As soon as he got home, he told me all about them and how he wanted to pack them in his suitcase and take them home with him. I printed out this picture to remind brad of these two and the amazing trip that he had. The frame was $6 at my local thrift store and I painted it a dark gray. I mean, really, can these little guys be any cuter?
An old picture of my grandmother. Beautiful. I love looking at it.
Here is the final wall. The bottom left is one of my parent's wedding pictures. Although, I think I may have to switch that frame out for something a little bigger. I'm not feeling it. Where that pic is, I think it needs to be something round or a bigger rectangle frame. We'll see. So, all I need is a few pics of my husband's side of the family and we'll be good. (mother in law......hint hint. I need pics!)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...