Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, March 4, 2011

Fools Rush In...

Ken's Home

... well it seems in my haste, to help my fellow man, I rushed into a situation that has made PayPal very unhappy. Apparently I had to have a letter of authority to fundraise or a subordination letter from a registered charity or non profit organisation or a licence to fundraise issued by the Australian Government. Who'd have thought? I didn't have time to run around and sort out paperwork... didn't even know there was paperwork, just wanted to get James a washing machine and Ken some hot water and electricity.... which we did folks... despite the bun fight now behind the scenes.

Paypal have suspended my account as they think I am a money launderer. No amount of business documentation, photo id and proof of everything is making a difference. Makes running a small business a challenge now! Thank goodness I got the funds to Ken and James.... I did get them to sign a notice saying that they received the funds so that's something! Who would have thought such bureaucracy was involved in such a spontaneous act. As I have just retweeted in my twitter account: "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are". Theodore Roosevelt. 

So now I fight with PayPal behind the scenes. Maybe I can live without PayPal. Is it possible to live without PayPal? I haven't for such a long time. Looks like I will have to.

Speaking of Ken, I spoke to him yesterday. He is having bureaucracy problems too. He's living in a house with no walls and has to justify his situation to the government to get a flood payout. He is very stressed as everything is moving so slowly. He actually said to me, "I think I might have that post stress syndrome thing". Oh my heart broke. He's old, frail and totally traumatised for God's sake. I have tears in my eyes just typing this out this morning.  Mr 'Government Person Hassling Ken', do you have aerial photographs of the flood? I do. Ken's whole suburb was under water. Is that proof enough? Take a look at the photos on my blog. He lost everything. Makes my hassles with PayPal TOTALLY worthwhile. So there. Have had my rant. Yes, I am BEING the reaction this morning! ... and it sort of feels necessary!
Photobucket
PS Think I might head over to the forum here and see if someone can help me: www.paypalsucks.com
Maybe a run first though! Grrrrr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...