Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rocking Chair Makeover

My good friend, Julie, passed along an old rocking chair to me. Actually her mom gave it to her to give to me. :)

It was a nice surprise when I saw it sitting in my garage when I came home one night.

So a couple weeks ago I started making it over on a nice warm pre-spring day...but that is when my whole family had the flu and I about passed out. So I went back to bed and it sat 1/2 finished waiting for me.

Finally yesterday I tackled this project.


And here she is today.


I painted the chair with some leftover black paint from my kitchen cabinets.


After it was dry I sanded down the edges with an electric sander. I sanded down the hard to reach areas with just a small piece of sandpaper.
Then I applied MinWax dark walnut stain. I love the richness the stain added.

Don't you like her legs?


I wanted to add a little detail to the chair. Taking advantage of what I had, I used this stencil from my kitchen project.


And stenciled just a small design to the back. I think it adds just a little enough detail without going overboard.


Sshhh...don't tell but she's still "tacky" from the stain.
After it's dry, I'll add a clear spray sealer so we can enjoy it outside.


Cost of my chair and makeover-FREE!
Love those kind.

Tomorrow I'll share another free makeover I whipped up this week.

I've linked up to a few of these fun linky parties.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...