Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mini Mirror Shelf Thingabober Makeover

Both my sons and I are now sick. Sorry to mention this over and over but that is my excuse for not being around blog world that much this week. Hopefully things will get back to normal in the next few days and then I'm fumigating this house. YUK!

I'm here to share my next makover for the week. I'm kind of embarrassed to show this because I bought this from Goodwill for $3 a couple years ago! It's been sitting in my basement waiting for a makeover. I'm surprised it didn't just get up and walk away. :)

I don't know what you would actually call this. It's a wall hanging with a lovely deer embroidery, a mirror and a mini shelf.


If you look up close there are cat tails and a deer engraved in the wood. Cute, huh?


The first thing I did was fill in the engravings with spackling.


After it was dry then I sanded it down to make it one nice flat surface.

Then it was time to paint! I got these fun color samples from Devine Color a few months ago and I finally got them out to try. They come in these fun resealable pouches. The package says "Paint that goes on like rich yogurt". That was no lie! The quality of this paint is supurb! I only had to paint my thingabober with one coat and it had excellent coverage!

The color I used was a blue/gray color called Devine Swell. The color names are even creative.


After the paint was dry and I then sanded down the edges with sand paper. Then I applied Old English Scratch Cover all over the thingabober and then wiped off the excess to give it an aged look. I usually use stain but learned about this product through Carmen from Primcats. I think I like stain a little better expecially with bigger projects but the Old English works great for small projects and if you want your item to dry fast.

Old English can be found in the cleaning supplies isle.


So here is my thingabober today!


I removed Mr. Deer and replaced it with some scrapbook paper I had. I even gave the paper a little sanding with my sandpaper and lightly applied some Old English to it as well.


I really like the color of it now, don't you?! It's amazing what paint can do!


Stay tuned for another makeover tomorrow!

Visit thecsiproject.com

**Updated 3/23/11-Thank you so much for your votes and support! At Home With K made the Top 25 Mom Design Blogs! I'm #16! Big hugs to you!**

Also, just a few more days left to vote for the top 25 Mom Design Blogs. At Home With K is in the running! You can vote one time per day. Click the button below and that will take you to my direct link to vote. Just click on the the thumbs up sign and that's it! Voting ends March 21st. Thank you so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...