Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 21, 2011

Fun Finds

Happy Spring! It's officially here! Yay!

Right now I'm wishing for a lot of R & R and me on a warm beach somewhere. This "illness" has taken the life out of me and I'm slowly recovering. Little tasks even suck the energy out of me. Don't know what the deal is.

But a vacation is the last thing that can happen. I'm a single parent this week as my hubby is away on business in the beautiful state of Tennessee. Hubby told me it's so pretty down there! I told him to say hello to Dave Ramsey while he was down there. A lot of people think of country music when they think of Nashville, I think of a financial superstar. :) Hubby says he'll be a little busy.

I wanted to show some pics of the items I bought at the Simply Bungalow Open House for myself.

My big purchase was this fun galvanized mailbox. The shape is different from ordinary mailboxes out there.


As I was looking it over at the store, I saw that it read The Deshler Mailbox Company. Remember my Deshler plate story?

If you are new follower/reader to At Home With K, Deshler Nebraska is my hometown. I was pretty sure that my Deshler didn't have a mailbox company but I bought it anyway...it's still fun having "Deshler" on it.


As I did more research on Google, I found out that The Deshler Mailbox Company is from Deshler, Ohio. I have a few Ohio blog friends...anyone heard of Deshler, OH?

I found this old illustrated cover on EBay for $37. And there's my round mailbox. :)


I love the 2 tone color it has.
(The chalk on the wood is from my boys)


I also got this fun bird that I have been eyeing since my first visit to Simply Bungalow. I snatched him up as soon as I saw him.


I also got these fun spring tags. They will be fun to add to my spring decor here and there.


I didn't realize it until I was making my purchases that these fun tags are made by Barb from Thoughtful Images Ink. I was so excited when I realized that! Barb has submitted a few links to my Terrific Under Ten in the past and I've gotten to know her through Facebook. So that makes the tags even more special. :)


I hope you all have a great day. I'm off for a nap. Come back tomorrow for Terrific Under Ten Tuesday! Can't wait to see what you share!

Also today is the LAST DAY TO VOTE for At Home With K!!
Thank you so much!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...