Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 7, 2011

Burlap Bulletin Board

Just in case you missed my guest post for Chicks Dig Deals last month, here it is.

A Burlap Bulletin Board


This is so easy and CHEAP to make.

If you already have a plain bulletin board at home, then you can use it, like I did. Mine even has some writing done by one of my sons. :) If  you don't have a bulletin board, keep on the lookout at garage sales or thrift stores. I see them all the time.

You will also need some burlap, decorative tacks, hot glue gun and scissors.


The decorative tacks are super cheap!


Burlap is also affordable. Hobby Lobby had burlap for $3.99 a yard. And I only used 1/2 yard.

First, cut your burlap a little larger than the actual bulletin board.


Then on the back side, you will wrap the burlap around the board, like wrapping a present. And use hot glue to adhere it.


Flip it over and this it what it should look like.


Then I get out your tacks and start pushing them into the sides. You might need a little hammer to get them in better. I placed them right along the wood frame edge-if that makes sense. I first started in all 4 corners, then the middle and then in between the middle and corner...and so on. I don't like to measure, so I basically eye balled it. I did this all around the board.


Here's a closer look of the tacks. Hobby Lobby has different styles you can choose from.


A closer look of the finished board. You can use as many tacks as you want. I could of used more but liked this look the best. I bought 2 packages but 1 package was plenty.


Now I have a fun, updated bulletin board made for less than $3!


I hope you all had a great weekend! It's snowing here in Nebraska today. Hopefully our last dose of winter for awhile.

I want to thank Tracy from All Thumbs Crafts for passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to me! It really means a lot. Tracy creates fun crafts and shares wonderful blogging tips on her blogs. Go check her out!

Terrific Under Ten is tomorrow! Do you have your $10 or less project/thrift find ready to share? I hope you can join in on the fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...