Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Few Touches Of Spring

It will be 50+ degrees today. My 1st grader is home for a 4 day weekend...so we're looking forward to some outdoor fun. My boys are itching to get outside more!

I did a little cleaning and sprucing up in our dining/living area. That area is the heart of our home so that's where I tend to do most of my "seasonal decorating". With every change of season, I also like to change furniture around so everything feels new. I try to be creative and try a different layout every time...some layouts are definitely better than others and my kids and husband are the first to mention it. LOL

The dining and living area are next to get a fresh coat of paint (including trim), so I didn't go overboard with decorating this time. It will be too much to move out the way. I would love to get that project done before it's definitely spring outside. Because there are too many outside projects on my list this year!

So come on in as I show you a few images of Spring in my home.

Spring blocks made by me.


Fabric flowers on a stick made by me.


I love this wreath I found for $2 at a garage sale last summer.


Another sign by me.


Spring in a basket. Basket was 50 cents.


I hope you don't mind me mentioning what I paid for everything. I have no idea how I remember all these prices either. LOL But it's fun to share how much you can save when decorating your home.

Coffee Table was found in my neighbor's curbside trash. Basket 50 cents, table runner 50 cents, plate 50 cents, planter was a gift.


And just keeping it real...I usually have to move a toy or 2 to get a picture of my home. See Mr. Iron Man in my planter. My 3 year old was flying him around in that yesterday. Gotta love it!


My free old trunk.
Decorating Tip: My flower stems were just a little too short for my crock so they sat a little low in it. So I crumpled up some newspaper to place in the bottom to set them up a bit.


Another sign made by me. This picture is simple but I don't know why, I really like it.

Mini bench made by my mom. Basket was $1. Crock bowl was a gift from my parents and I'm pretty sure they got it for $1 at an auction!!



There are a few touches here and there that need sprucing up still. Even a few projects in store for Spring. But don't worry, you know I'll share it here on my blog.

Thanks so much for visiting me today and everyday!
Have a wonderful day!

Linking up here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...