Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Creating A Home: Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of Creating A Home here at AT HOME WITH K!



I am joining The Nester's "31 Day" Series. So welcome to all new guests. Please have a seat, grab your favorite beverage and enjoy your stay!

This month I'm going to show you some great ways to CREATING A HOME.

My husband and 2 boys are my world! And making our house a home for my sweet little family is very important to me.

So for the next 30 days, I have a fun schedule that I made up to keep to the theme of Creating A Home.

Each day of the week will have a set theme. It will keep me on track of this fun challenge and hopefully something for you to look forward to each and every day!

So here's a Preview of October here at At Home With K

Solidute Sunday

I don't know about you but Sundays are time for my family and I to wind down and enjoy our time together. We start our day off with church to get our week off to a great start. I am blessed with a wonderful church family. For the rest of the day, we just mostly HANG OUT, REST and PLAY with our time off from work and school. It's wonderful for the soul to get that break. It makes me a better person, mommy and wife.

So on Solitude Sunday, I'll share whatever comes from the heart.

It could be a peaceful picture.

Or Motivating Quote or Scripture.



  Something for you to ponder and hopefully motivate/inspire you that day.

Makeover Monday

I love makeovers! If you know me from my blog, I love to create nothing into SOMETHING for my home! I'll be sharing a project each Monday that can help add to your decor for next to nothing! Those are my favorite!

Just a preview of one of my many past projects.

BEFORE
My husband's old bachelor cd/dvd stand.
FREE


AFTER
By adding beadboard, 3 boards and paint, I created a fun shelf for my son's room.
Free using things I already had on hand at home!


Terrific Under Ten Tuesday


Each Tuesday, I sponsor a linky party called Terrific Under Ten. It's for projects or thrift finds for $10 or less. Each and every week, I am amazed by what people come up with for next to nothing! Be inspired by other bloggers' projects and if you want I would love to have you link up as well. The more the merrier!

Wild About Organizing Wednesday


via pinterest at BHG

Organizing is the key of keeping your home SANE! Each Wednesday, I'll share some fun organizing tips that have helped my family in our HOME.

Thrifty Thursday

I love to go to garage sales, auctions and second hand stores! Why buy department store price when you can find great finds at great discount prices?! I do this for most of my decor in our home. Thursdays, I'll share some of my great finds for less!

Here's one of my fun finds.
Outdated end table for $3 at a garage sale.


I added a little black paint and it's one of my favorite pieces!


Fall Friday



Oh I love fall! Don't you?!! The crisp cool air, crunchy leaves, warm colors, the sweet smells...oh I could go on and on. And don't forget football! Husker football is very big in my state! :) On Fridays, I'll share anything related to FALL. It could be decor, a project or recipe...to help you create FALL in your HOME.

Shaklee Saturday



And last but certainly not least...I recently became a Shaklee Independent Distributor! I'm so excited! Someday, I'll share my personal story with you on why I decided to join with Shaklee. This year, my family had a life altering event that shook our family to the core. But no worries, it is getting better each and everyday. To make a positive out of a negative, my family and I have been healthier than we have ever been by the choices we make in the food we eat and our environment. So that is why I am so excited to share my Shaklee experience with you! Every Saturday, I'll share a Shaklee product (or 2) that will knock your socks off on how effective they work and still being GREEN and COST EFFECTIVE while at it. No yucky TOXINS added!

You are more than welcome to check out my SHAKLEE WEBSITE for more information about these great products. Email me if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help!

And there you have it, 31 days of Creating A Home that is pretty, on a limited budget and safe for your family!

Thank you for so much for visiting today and be sure to come on back again for the rest of the series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...