Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wild About Organizing Wednesday: Laundry


Laundry can be a real pain if you let it get out of hand! I only have a family 4 and dirty clothes seem never ending!

Keeping myself organized on the time spent on laundry has helped keep my sanity with the pile of clothes!
No matter what the size of your family, the easiest way I have found to keep on top of the laundry is do a load a day. I have been doing this for about 2 years and it really does keep the chaos to a minimum. Before I would have loads and loads to wash...loads and loads to fold...loads and loads to put away! It would be quite overwhelming and then I wouldn't even want to do it, so the piles would get even bigger! LOL Now I throw in a load as soon as I wake up and in no time I have it clean, folded and put away. Then I can move on to the next things on my list! I do take Sundays off.




I like to have my space organized and clutter free. I have a nice closet in my laundry room for storage but it's more convenient to have a handy basket available right on the washer for easy and fast washing!



I have my great Shaklee sidekicks to help tackle the stains, dirt and grime while still being all natural AND smells great!!



The small tin bucket holds treasures I find in pockets and sometimes in the wash...


And always keep your dryer safe!

Clean out the lint trap after every load.

Clean out your flexible duct leading to the outside 2 times a year. Lots of lint gets caught up in the duct and around the opening to the outside. I have a brush that is made to clean out this space that works great. They should have them available at Wal-Mart, Target or Bed Bath and Beyond. Well worth the investment to keep your home and family safe from an accidental fire.


What has worked for you to keep the laundry under control?
Now what are you waiting for?! Go do your laundry! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...