Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happenings, Gifts, Lights, Everything


Had a coffee (and apple pie) with Rachael, from the Boutique Markets, and Clare from Mondo Cherry yesterday. Lovely. Rachael bought me these beautiful flowers. Honestly Rachael, they're prettier than my wedding bouquet was! Here they are plonked in my kitchen sink so I could take a photo of them.


Rachael also showered me in gifts from some of the Boutique Markets from around the country of late. I was so jealous she got to meet Ness, from Marley and Lockyer, at the recent Hobart Boutique Market, so she bought me back some gorgeous little clay tags from Ness's stall. 



I also scored some beautiful hand-cut gift tags from Mondo Cherry and some yummy Guava Vinegar from Your Inspiration At Home. Apparently you add it to champagne for an 'out of body experience'. Must add champagne to my grocery list. Aren't I a lucky girl? Thank you girls! 

Mondo Cherry and Boutique Markets have joined my little list of advertisers on my side bar so you can head directly over to their sites to catch up on all the goss. I actually loaded up the code for their ads all by myself after following a rather technical emailed tutorial from the 'Guru That Is Katrina'. I was slightly jumping for joy when I got them all to work and link. I'm generally not good with code. #IT Gumby.


So I got the call from 'Carl at the shed' (never just 'Carl', but 'Carl at the shed') excitedly informing me that my first load of lights had arrived. I am receiving them in stages as I don't have enough storage room for them as I send them out. I'm a one-man-band you know! No staff .. oh except for darling TuTu ...when I get desperate and when she can get a babysitter!

I took one look at the 'triple towers' and thought to myself, "how the hell am I going to start taking them apart from the top?"... so I parked my car close to them and climbed up on my car so I could reach the top! I bet the guys in the office were having a laugh viewing the security cameras! 

So I managed to get all these unpacked and out to customers in the span of 2 hours. Pretty good hey! Nothing like a school pick-up to move one along. Next batch is due today. So readers if you wish to order some lights, the ones HERE, I have them 'IN STOCK'... such glorious words.... let me say them just one more time..... 'IN STOCK'... aahhhh! I am sending out the orders of customers, who have been waiting for months, this week (the most patient customers in the world - big statement but true) and then I will send out all my new orders next week. 

I was hoping big son would be able to help me out with the 'light-assembly-line' this week-end but he is off to the 'Opti-Minds' State Final (bit proud of him). It's an all weekend affair where his school team stays in a posh city hotel and competes out at the University of Queensland. I get to see their final presentation on Sunday. 

Little one is already in mourning about not having his brother attached to his side this weekend. He's already looking at me with sad eyes every time we mention the weekend. Little does he know, I am putting him to work in 'the shed'!!!!

Happy Wednesday!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...