Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Tried, I Really Tried.


I tried to replicate the 'special scrambled eggs' that Justine cooks for me in her little coffee shop, 'Posto', in Boundary St, West End. I am seriously addicted to them and often only do half a run, 'cause when I run past, I stop to have her 'special scrambled eggs'..... and then have to walk home, full of scrambled eggs and coffee.


Failed miserably. Looks sort of disgusting doesn't it. A bit too 'real'. I didn't have any fresh basil either.

If anyone can tell me the secret to seriously good scrambled eggs I will change my last born's name to yours (sorry little K). No really, tell me....and don't say 'cream' because my Dietitan friends (#Australia's Leading Dietitian) read this blog and I'll get into trouble. Well if you do have to say cream, just whisper it..... because I really need to know. 
Photobucket
PS Totally off topic, 'Apartment Therapy' has a really great article on decluttering over HERE.... reminding us all that we are not cavemen anymore, needing to hoard stuff otherwise we might die.

I love this paragraph: "Holding onto ANYTHING that doesn't have a working role in your home won't allow you to create new space for ANYTHING new to come into your life — things, jobs, people, opportunities, etc. Even as we bring new things in, we need to bring old things out. In this way, we ensure a vital life flow in our lives".

It identifies that there are really 2 problems with decluttering.. how to sort out the clutter and how to detach from it! The comments are good too. This one's a goodie: "The problem isn't "getting rid" of stuff, the problem is "getting stuff". Stop bringing stuff into your home, and you'll stop needing to get rid of stuff. Don't buy cheap, trendy furniture, and clothes, buy quality, classic things that will appreciate rather than depreciate. The focus should be on the "inbox"--what you bring into your home. You can take a 1-week waiting period here too: if you want to buy something, think about it for a week, and go back to get it if you really need it".

It's a great read..... but please come back and tell me how to cook a decent scrambled eggs when you've read it.

PPS. I'm filing everything under 'waffle' these days. That's not a good sign is it? See, Problogger did make me start thinking about things. Gotta sort out my 'categories'. The list goes on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...