Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 17, 2011

When Do You Blog?

Not blogging. Working.

Yesterday, I retweeted a quote on Twitter that said something about not posting a blog post just for the sake of it... post when you've really got something to say.

It made me really think. Do I post every day because you are expecting me to post?... or do I really have something to say? Then it got me thinking... well it all really boils down to why you blog... and how you blog and maybe when you blog?

It's all quite psychologically complex really.

For me?
I blog as soon as I wake up. I wake very early as I crash early at night (not long after my boys). I generally blog about what pops into my head on waking, or anything interesting that happened the day before..... so I've always got something to say... even if it is just categorised under 'waffle'.


The great thing about blogging is that it heightens your senses. I am always 'awake' and aware, living my daily life, interacting with people, noticing interesting things. Anything that stirs an interest?... 'straight to the blog' the next day. For me, blogging has always been a bit of a 'life journaling project' so my posts reflect my life and generally what is relevant on the day.

Yesterday.
Child labour.

I look back to why I started blogging... it was to journal my house planning and build back in early 2008, what, almost 4 years ago now. I blogged in the mornings, off the top of head, discussing the house progress and general catastrophes that had occurred the day before. Nothing much has changed! I blog in the mornings, off the top of my head, discussing 'yesterday' generally and possibly the catastrophes that occurred the day before!... oh and occasionally pretty stuff that takes my fancy.

Next door to yesterday's beauty.
Unrenovated perfection.

I often read of bloggers working really hard on the weekends, pre-preparing a whole series of posts for the week. It really is a serious business these days. I must admit every time I come across someone who is well planned and organised in the blog post business, I think oh goodness, now there's a thought, maybe I should do that and be more organised. I mean what if I run out of things to say? Or wake up and have nothing much to say. Na, it's just not me. If I run out of things to say?...so be it. Those days you'll find me AWOL. They don't happen much but at least you know on those days, I just have nothing much to say! "She didn't post today, she must have woken up 'blank'".

Breakfast meeting.
'Posto', Boundary St, West End. My second home.
Justine makes the best scrambled eggs in the universe, with the best tomato relish on the side.

So for me, my posts really reflect the way I live my life. I'm an early riser so I have a couple of deliciously quiet, perfect hours in the new day in which to share my thoughts through my blog. I have a blogging rhythm that fits comfortably into my life. No pressure. Sustaining. A daily connection with you that flows gently.

Can't you tell I am going to the  'Problogger Conference' in Melbourne at the end of the week?!!! I'm thinking. I know we're all going to have to sit down and think seriously about our bloggys. I am asking myself the questions I know they are going to ask..... and trying to answer them.

When do you blog? Why do you blog? Do you pre plan posts? or are you a total waffler like me?
I'd love to know.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket
P.S If anyone from my boy's school is reading this... we are wagging Guitar Ensemble practice this morning. We had a late one last night, making the most of the pupil free day off school. I know bad mother all 'round! Shhhhh!

:)
He's still there.
And says 'hi'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...