Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Real Life Lessons


After an 'emergency' trip into town yesterday.... once we discovered that the 16th of October was the last day you could visit an 'EB Games' shop and download a free 'Pokemon Thingy' to help you on your way in the 'big mystery that is Pokemon'....... we took a detour from our normal route home. We found this gorgeous place. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. The fence was too high to get the whole front elevation. This was the best I could do from the street. Look how the white pops against that lovely grey!



In our travels, we also found Bill. 
I almost didn't recognise him in his new hat! 


It was the first time my son had met Bill so he gave him a strong, firm handshake.... which impressed Bill no end. Bill showed us his new artwork and taught my boy all about 'mixed media' and what the word 'versatile' meant. Little one waxed lyrical about his lizards and how good he is at Maths... as one does. 



I also managed to purchase a beautiful Australian themed artwork (above) for 'Lauren', who has been waiting patiently for me to find Bill again. Lauren you were lucky!..... as Bill has changed focus and is doing a lot of angular, modern pieces at the moment as well as a few 'viking/pirate inspired' works thrown in for good measure! 


Look! Bill displays all his work in beautiful (waterproof!) folders now. Thanks to you and your generosity! These drawings are also on beautiful thick card and not the flimsy stuff anymore.... thanks to your donations!


I love this one!


Lots of ships!

We sat with Bill for a while and watched the birds (who love Bill because he feeds them) frolic in roadside puddles. It was such a beautiful day. Bill notices these things and kept telling me how beautiful the day was. He was happy for our visit. I said to my son, as we were driving away, "you know what?.... that time we spent with Bill? ... it just made his day". Little one said, "Yes, he was happy, I could tell... and Mum, I learnt heaps more about art, than I do in Art". 

Yes, that's because it's real life, my son. You just had a real life lesson about lots of 'stuff' then I reckon!

I have my lads home with me today as it is a pupil free day at school. Yay! 
Off to the shed first thing though. I need my big boy's muscles!

Happy Monday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...