Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, October 22, 2011

10 Sort Of Interesting Things About Me

Taken at Problogger to prove to my friends I was wearing a frock. I don't do frocks. 
I'm a leggings girl. But as I have learnt from Katrina and Mutsy, "leggings are not pants".

The lovely TuTu, from TuTu Ames blog passed on a '10 things about me' challenge.

Ok, 10 things....

1.Well, I used to be a bit of a serious nerd. I did a Science degree at Uni, majoring in Biochemistry, then postgrad in Nutrition and Dietetics.

2. I floated around under the guise of a Dietitian for many years... but if I wasn't working in the real technical areas, like 'inborn errors of metabolism' or 'renal' or exciting stuff like that, everything else bored me to death. Sorry to Dietitians reading this. Dietetics has changed significantly since the advent of the computer, I might add. This was back in the late 80's, early 90's, when nothing technical was happening and you had to pay $10 to get the cranky librarian to do a med-line search if you wanted to research anything ....and then you had to physically drive to whatever library a journal article turned up in and then physically search for that journal. Yawn. I think I would enjoy it more these days with the internet and all.

3. I played violin in a bushband for 19 years. We did everything...schools, weddings, pubs, country halls. We played one school bushdance 17 years in a row!!.... I swear the original kids were bringing their kids back. We played a regular gig in an Irish bar in town until the smoke got to me and I killed that gig. I was pregnant with my first boy and I was worried that he was going to be deformed from all the smoke I passively inhaled every Friday and Saturday night.  I once drove 7 hours out west.... to play a gig from the back of a semi trailer out in a paddock..... and then drove straight home.

If I never play 'Knees Up Mother Brown' again... it will be too soon.

4. I'm a pretty tragic cook. Nutrition and Dietetics back in the 80's did not teach you to cook. I manage to keep my boys alive and healthy, with good food... but things are pretty basic in this household. They're none the wiser and think I am a champion.

5. I bungy jumped from a bridge in New Zealand. I didn't scream until it was over... and I was hanging like a limp rag doll at the end of the cord waiting for someone to get me down. The video recording is highly embarassing.

6. My favourite food is sushi. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So could my boys. If I give them a choice between a fast food joint and sushi, sushi wins hands down every time. For this I am very proud. Good mother?

7. I have perfect pitch. Sing me a note and I can tell you what it is. I should have been some sort of professional musician but I was just so damn lazy and didn't practice. I also can't stand solo performing. I'm ok in a band, surrounded by loud instruments but put me on my own and I shake. It's funny though, I could whack out a solo in the band no problems because I knew the other band members were there next to me, not playing, but ready to come in and support me ... but without them... toast.

8. My favourite colour is blue. Threw that in because it's sort of design-ish.

9. My boys are the centre of my world. I love them to death and think seriously about how to be the best Mum I can so that I send them out into the world balanced, independent, confident men, with good self esteems. I also want my future Daughter-In-Laws to seriously like me as I am going to be a helicopter grandma and babysit lots. I could have seriously had more babies.

10. All I really want to do with my life is build houses, one at a time.... just hang out on building sites and supervise the creation of pretty houses. Design, scheme, build, decorate, sell. That's it. That's all I want to do. If I could do that forever, I would die seriously happy.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...