Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now This Is What You Call 'A Before'


Remember this beauty? 


Well my friend 'K' found some photos of it in it's 'before' state. 
They were taken in 2008.


Built in the 1900's.
On 1000sqm, up on a hill, with sweeping views.
Sigh.


If you look really closely at the first photo of the 'after', the first photo in this post, you can see they kept the arched window theme.
Look at the windows on the porch to the left, in the first photo.
Nice.


Wow. Original.


Who lived here? What was their story? 
A generation passed.



I see 'work' in them VJ's. 'Lotsa work'.


Check out the fruit! Last minute prop! Hello banana.


Wow, now that's what I call 'original'.


... and the bathroom tacked on the back in later years. 
I bet the outhouse was still somewhere in the back yard too. 


Spruced up in the 1950's perhaps? That's a real 50's colour.

Now I've really got to get inside and see the after. I bet it's gobsmacking. Just going on how beautiful the exterior is, I reckon, inside, the new owners would have done her proud. My friend did mutter something about it having a Great Room with pressed metal ceilings. Maybe I should put a little note in the letterbox, saying "will bring cupcakes.... passionfruit ones.... from the Bulimba bakery.... the best in Brisbane". 

Happy Friday!

Photobucket
PS Oh, I am reconstructing my new blog roll, after losing it when my blog template was changed. If I have left you out, sing out and I will add you back on. I had been collecting blogs for years so off the top of my head, I can't remember all who were there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...