Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wild About Organizing Wednesday: Cleaning Closet


Wow this is the last week of my 31 days of Creating A Home series! It's been busy but fun! I hope you are enjoying the series as well.

All this month, Wednesdays were dedicated to ORGANIZING.
You can check out the other Organizing Posts Here If you Missed them:


Did you get any helpful hints? Are you enjoying these organizing posts? I like them because they keep me on task and make organizing more fun as well!

Today, I am tackling my cleaning closet in the laundry room.



Let's take a look inside at the good, the bad and the ugly in this space! Aaaahhhh!!!


Clutter and Chemicals galore!


To be honest, I wasn't using most of this stuff. Even before using Shaklee, I hated the thought of cleaning with chemicals and then the thought of the residual left over on the sinks, appliances, furniture that my sons touch everyday...just didn't sit right with me.


So this week, I cleaned this space out! I first removed everything and gave the shelves and floor a good wipe down. With what else? Basic H2 of course!

Then I moved the things I wanted to keep back in. As you can tell I got rid of a lot!


I took advantage of the wall space and got everything off the floor.


I hung them up with 3M removable hooks. So easy!


My shelves look empty now. But that's okay! It looks so much better. I replaced my current laundry detergent and stain remover with Get Clean Fresh Laundry Concentrate and Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover.

The old ice cream bucket I use for when I clean floors or have a big clean up job to do. Nothing fancy but it does the job.


Hiding in the corner is my husband's hunting laundry soap and dryer sheets. My husband loves to hunt and this makes his clothes smell like well...dirt. :) So the deer don't smell his fresh clothes. He only uses this every November so it lasts a long time.


I had an overflowing box of rags. I use rags for a lot of things, like gross cleaning jobs or staining my DIY projects. So I go through a lot of them. I illiminated a few of them and placed them in an old galvanized bucket.


The middle shelf got the BIG overhaul. Lots of cleaners were taken away.


Why have all those toxic cleaners when I have Basic H2 that can do all the jobs?!


I also added a basket that holds my microfiber clothes, a scrub brush and old tooth brushes for easier cleaning. The basket has dividers so I can easily slip in a bottle of Basic H2 and head off to any room to clean.


The top shelf pretty much stayed the same. We store light bulbs, matches, nails, a hammer and misc. items in the bins and tackle box.


Let's look at the before again.
Messy and full of chemicals.


AFTER
Organized and safe for my family!


Do your cleaning supplies need an overhaul?
Come Visit my website for great products that are cost effective and safe for your family!

Now I need to find a place for all these chemicals...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...