Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, September 20, 2010

Treasuring Friendship and....JUNK

2 years ago, my hubby took me and the boys to Minnesota for my 30th birthday gift...our destination was JUNK BONANZA in Medina, Minnesota. We had a great family vacation while in the area. Junk Bonanza was a GREAT time! It poured while we were there. So my family was a muddy mess but it was well worth it. Booths and booths of wonderful JUNK!

One of the highlights was meeting Joan Steffand from HGTV Decorating Cents! I sure miss that show.

I laugh at this picture because I look so pale next to Joan. LOL

FYI: Joan is super sweet in person!


If you haven't heard of Junk Bonanza or would like to see what it's like. Check out this fun video clip!


The last 2 Bonanza's have been in Shakopee, Minnesota. Coincidentally just across the road where our Motel was located when we vacationed out there. Oh, how I wish it was a little closer and bring some girlfriends with me. :) Maybe someday.

So with Junk on my mind, 2 girlfriends and I, headed to the Hwy 36 Treasure Hunt in Kansas this Saturday! If I can't go to Minnesota then I'm heading to Kansas. The state line is probably 45 minutes from my home so we didn't have to drive too far.

My hubby offered to watch the boys and invite some friends to go garage saling. My hubby loves garage sales just as much as I do so this was a wonderful gift he gave me to give up his seat. LOL Thank you, sweets!! Love you!!

I took 2 special gals in my life, Julie and Carey. I am truly blessed to have them in my life. Our kids are the same ages as well so it's nice to have such wonderful families in my life as well.

Well I'm kind of embarrassed to say that we didn't make it too far down Hwy 36. It took us all day to do one town and down the hwy about 15 miles. But we still found wonderful treasures!! And I'll share in a moment, my stash.

The girls and I ate at Penny's Diner in Marysville, KS for lunch. It was a fun place to enjoy a great burger and fries!!

Me, Julie

A group photo of us from the side of the diner's shiny exterior.


After lunch we felt charged up again and headed out down the road.

Here is just a peak at what we saw.

Really, can a person have too many jars?!! I don't know what it is about them...I could of took these all home.


Some great junk.

And some interesting stuff make from junk...

Old fans have really caught my eye lately.

Crocks, jugs and bowls...aaaahhhh, I'm in love.

See the crock in the back with the blue flowers?!! I have the same one, my mom gave me for one of my  birthdays. I'm sure she bought it for less than $5. Well that one below was $48!


Here's the back of the car with just part of our treasures at the end of the day. Really, I had the energy to keep on going...just not enough time. I hope I can twist my girlfriends' arms for another trip next year. I don't think I will have to do too much convincing. :)

Here are my fun finds from Saturday. Along with these, I bought some clothes and other little things for my hubby and boys. I was so proud, I didn't spend over $1 on anything I bought. And I had a good load!


I'll show you around and give you better peak!

Wreath-25 cents
Small bowl-25 cents
Medium bowl-50 cents
Large bowl-75 cents
Dish with Lid (probably one my favorite finds)-50 cents
 Big piece of fabric-40 cents


Small plate-50 cents
I love the detail around the rim.


Clock-$1
The clock doesn't work, but I'm hoping to get it going again with a new clock kit. This is another favorite!


I bought a few frames to paint up. This one is OLD. Only 25 cents! And a great size!


Turkey Platter-$1
I don't have much for Thanksgiving decor. So I love this find!


Cornucopia basket-25 cents
Metal frame-25 cents
Plates-25 cents each


Basket-50 cents


Vintage frame-25 cents


Vintage tin boxes-Free Box!


Picture-$1
It's old but has 2 large cracks in the glass picture.


My hubby loves deer...I'm sure he will cringe when/if I bust the picture out. But I really just wanted the frame. I love the detail!


Now I got to clean some of this stuff up and find some new homes for them.

So how was your weekend?

Thanks for you visit and comments. I enjoy each and everyone of you!

HOG


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...