Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 2, 2010

A little of this A little of that!

Well this has been a busy week and it’s not over yet!

Starting with Monday we had Emily and Joe for our last ‘Monday sitting’ – they started school yesterday (Wednesday) and were very happy to be back and they said hot lunch was ‘awesome’…lol
They sent us a picture taken just before leaving for school

Emily and Joe first day of school 
Aren’t they getting big????

Then Doug and I headed into Milwaukee to JoAnn’s on Tuesday so I could get some more supplies and to use my wonderful ‘gift card’ – which I certainly did…wow did that ever help…I rang up quite a hefty bill!
I didn’t have to use any coupons this time either because their wool felt was on sale at 40% off – this is probably the 2nd or 3rd time it has been on sale in the years I’ve been sewing with it….so I took advantage of that for sure.
Canvas boards were also 40% off so I bought several of these.
I bought some 5x5 this time too – for some really small Presidents.
And then my usual DMC (53 skeins!).

Oh I totally forgot that we went to a flea market on Sunday and I found a couple wonderful items.
A $5.00 Pewter Pitcher and a $4.00 Rowe Pottery Crock
The pitcher isn’t really as bad looking as it appears…but it is very well used looking though.
Pewter Pitcher and crock

I’m really backtracking here…last Thursday I had lunch with my best friends, Renea and Joyce -  they both had ordered some items from me so this was a good excuse to go to lunch.
Karen Renea Joyce

So that afternoon we started right in getting ready for our Rummage/Craft Sale for tomorrow and Saturday.
Got the garage rummage priced and set up, and then yesterday and today we got the screen room business merchandise priced and set up.

And wouldn’t you know tonight it started raining and turned into a driving rain so we ran out and covered everything with plastic in the screen room – it was blowing in sideways through the screens…but we saved it!!! Now tomorrow we’ll have to hurry and push all the furniture and tables back into place – more work than we wanted but necessary to keep everything dry.

Everything isn’t in its place yet because tomorrow we’ll put lots of the rummage outside in the driveway and not be so cluttered in the garage.

So here are a few photos…and like I said…it’s kind of cluttered at the moment
Rummage 1

Rummage 2

Rummage 3

Rummage 4 

Rummage 6

Rummage 5

Now on into the screen room for the business sale – my goodness this was hard to set up…there are no walls to use!
Craft Sale 1

Craft Sale 2

Craft Sale 3

Craft Sale 4 

Craft Sale 5

Craft Sale 6 

Craft Sale 7

Craft Sale 8

I really don’t know what this holiday weekend will bring for rummagers but normally the people having them have pretty good traffic so hoping for the best.

If there’s anything left that’s worth it, I just may have an ‘On-line Garage Sale’ after things settle down around here…I’ll let you all know.

September is going to be a heavy month here

  • Our sale
  • Family Golf Outing
  • Craft show in Milwaukee I soooo want to go to
  • Market Square Wholesale Cash & Carry in Madison
  • My Nephews wedding
  • Warren, WI CranFest – I thought Lititz had a huge show….this one has over 800 vendors
  • 3 Birthday Parties in One
  • Our Anniversary
  • Our daughter in-laws birthday

And I’m sure there are a few other things I’ve forgotten…oh yeah…Doug will be doing some deliveries in between all these.

Now if I have forgotten to mention anything here that I was supposed to I’m sorry.
My head is so foggy the past few days with my back and hips hurting so – I’ve been taking something for it but the pain just wears me out completely and this is a good reminder of WHY I STOPPED HAVING MY IN-HOME SHOWS!

Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend everyone.
If I’m not floating around blogland you now why!

I’ll leave you with a sweet picture…or is it a devilish picture?
Mr. Aidan
Aidan devil

Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...