Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fireplace Cover Makeover

Another simple makeover I did last night/this morning.

I love my fireplace cover.

I made it from an old window a few years ago. I knocked out the glass and inserted plywood in it's place, then added some "legs" for it to stand. I painted a simple American flag design on it. It's simple and it covers up our unused fireplace.


On the other side I painted it red with a simple star. I was in a hurry to get it done so this is what I came up with at the time. And I was never fond of it and never used this side. So I wanted to spruce it up.

Before state:


And here is is now! I love this quatrefoil design that I have been seeing everywhere lately. I wanted to add a little bit to our living room and thought this was a great place to try it. And if I didn't like it then I could always paint over it. :)

I downloaded the pattern HERE. I just traced and hand painted over my pencil markings. When I was done, I did add some dark walnut stain to make it more aged to match the frame.

I. Love. It.


It's a wonderful attention piece to add to our room.

Wreath $2 from garage sale. Isn't it cute?!


I wanted to share some of my goodies I got from my friend's garage sale this past weekend.

Chair $1
Enamelware 50 cents
Basket 25 cents
Stool 50 cents
Frame 25 cents
Door Free!

I didn't break the bank there!


Now I think my hubby wants me to slow down on these awesome deals. He wants his garage back. It's getting a little full.

I'm off to tackle more on my to-do list! Have a super day!

HookingupwithHoH



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...