Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My package came!

I knew this package was to arrive but didn’t know when but yesterday there it was on my porch – My Rug Hooking supplies arrived! 
They came
from a very sweet lady– she knows who she is and I so I say THANK YOU – by her request she will remain un-named.

I thought I was getting wool strips to do a small Pineapple Rug – but to my surprise there was more than I imagined.
Colors of all shades from light to dark – I can make just about anything.

In the box were packs of wool strips, hook, rug hooking book, patterns and 2 kinds of linen…large enough to make an ample hooked rug.

Wool Strips 3

Wool Strips 2

Wool Strips 4

Wool Strips 1

Linen

Book

Sheep Pattern

 I am not sure when this new project will start but it’s sitting here staring at me calling my name...I have several orders to sew, so I won’t be able to touch it until I’m through with those but when I do I will show you all what design I am choosing…probably a Pineapple but not sure.

Pumpkin line

Last Saturday night we were at our daughter in-laws brothers house for a birthday party for their mother, brother and his wife. Her brother lives on a farm and so we took Aidan into the barn to see the cows and one of the cats had kittens – I don’t think Aidan liked them at first but he warmed up. He liked the cows the best because that’s what he wanted to keep going back to see.

Aidan with kitties

Kitty

Mama and kitties

Aidan and cows

Pumpkin line 

Then on Sunday there was a birthday party at Darren’s house for MaryAnn – she turned 40 so we got to see him again.

Me Aidan Grandpa 
Grandma, Aidan, Grandpa

Aidan in car 
Aidan got a Cadillac awhile back!

Aidan on shirt 
Isn’t this cute… a t-shirt with Aidan’s picture on it

Pumpkin line

I made reservations for my trip to Lancaster the end of October for the Wholesale Market and another day of shopping with Lori (the blackcrow). I’m looking for new places to shop so if anyone has suggestions besides the ‘usual/obvious’ shops…let me know.

And I made reservations for the SIMPLE GOODS SHOW in Mt. Vernon, Ohio. The show is on Saturday, Nov. 6th.
Here’s the link:  http://www.picturetrail.com/simplegoods
Scroll down to find the exhibitors list – this is a very Prim show and Antiques
Anyone out there going???

Pumpkin line

Not much happening in my world right now so I’ll close for now.
Have a great weekend.
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...