Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Easy Art

I did a fun and easy project yesterday!

I have been hearting THIS ART lately! But I just can't afford it. Sigh...

So my next best thing was try to create one myself using Picnik. Do you use Picnik? I love it! Plus it's free!

I started off with this photo of my 2 beautiful boys. We were blessed with some wonderful zucchini in our garden this summer. I love this picture.


I edited it using Picnik's many features to make it more "artsy" looking. Then I saved it to my computer and did nothing with it.

Then I came across Walgreen's photo deal a day a couple weeks ago. Each day for a week they had a photo special going on. One day I got a free 8x10. Score! And another day they had FREE Photo Clings.

Photo clings can stick to a "wall, door, window or another smooth surface—even the ceiling! And you can move them or remove them just as easily. If a cling loses its "stick," just rub it against the carpet or something fuzzy to create static and make it cling again. "

With one sheet you can get four 5x7s, two 8x10s, or one 11x17. I decided to get the 11x17.


My heart was giddy when I opened my package! I just love how it turned out! But my photo cling sat around for a week...deciding how and what I should do with it. I guess I could of stuck it to the wall but I wanted it to have a nice frame or even put it on a canvas. So I went back and forth on ideas.

Then yesterday I walked past my FREE cupboard doors that I got from the Salvage center this week. A light bulb went off. I checked and one of the doors was almost a perfect fit! Woo! This would work as a wonderful frame!

So I painted it cream, sanded and added Early American MinWax stain to it.


I trimmed the photo cling just a bit to fit...peeled the back off.


Then put it in place. No glue necessary!


Now I have a wonderful "art" piece of my beautiful boys! And it was almost FREE. I did pay shipping. But I would definitely pay the full price $9.99 for more of these photo clings in the future! They're super!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

giveaways


HookingupwithHoH

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...