Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, September 5, 2010

After the Sale!!! New Goodies!!

I want to say first off…THANK YOU ALL MY FOLLOWERS…I see I’m at 580…WOW.
How did I get so blessed – I so appreciate each and every one of you so much – you all are why I keep doing my blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so glad this week is almost over although the rest of the month is going to be busy as well but at least the Rummage Sale is DONE!

What a fantastic sale it was. We were surprised at what we sold – we can actually say we SOLD OUT!
We had just a tiny little box by the end of the sale on Saturday that we took to the thrift shop.

I had two guests who came from Illinois – I had met Carole at the Wilmot flea market a year ago and we found out we loved the same things and she knew also knew someone who worked at the little Prim shop by me and she was at the flea market with her  – Well Carole came and she brought a friend with her…Molly – who is a wonderful customer of mine (sent by Carole!) from the internet and she wanted to come and shop and meet me…I was thrilled to finally meet her and what a sweetie she is. And I must say she was eager to shop!

This is MOLLY on the left, me and CAROLE!
Nice backdrop huh????  Horrible garage walls!

Molly, Karen, Carol

The day started slow and we thought it was going to be a huge bust…it was a cold and windy day too – temps never reached over 65 the entire day – nothing like the 90+ days we had been having.

But I will say I’ve never had a rummage sale where the majority of the sales were $30 and over, and several sales were even 3 digits.
I think because of the kind of ad we put in the paper and the things we advertised it brought people who weren’t looking for the typical rummage.

Our business inventory went WAY DOWN…which was our goal. We’re trying to sell out what we can of the retail products and concentrate on our own products and also Hand Made products.
We sell a lot but always have too much inventory just sitting – not good business sense.
Yesterday the sale ended at noon and by 2:30 we were packed up, cleaned up and pooped!

Remember the pictures of the rummage in previous post – this is what was left Friday night – not much left for the Saturday sale.

After the sale

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This last week I received my new calendar I’ve been wanting but just never can find it but I received an e-mail from Sherri Hinson that she had them and was selling them…It’s PURE AND SIMPLE…and just gorgeous.
Pure and Simple Calendar
And Sherri added a special little gift for me…a sweet ‘Harvest Blessings’ grunged towel – LOVE IT SHERRI…Thank You!
Harvest Towel

I was looking forward to today so I could just lay on the sofa and rest my horrible aching lower back and hips but instead we went to a street fair in Milwaukee (large crappy flea market)…nothing like walking miles with your back and hips hurting but I felt like he did so much here this week with the sale that I had better do something he wanted to do…So I stood it as long as I could (2+hours) and said this is what I want…a Hot Fudge Sundae, a Vicodin and the car!  I got it all!
I did buy a wonderful piece of jewelry – it’s a hand made necklace and for the life of me I can’t remember the name of the stone. It measures 1 and 1/8 x 1 and 5/8 – pretty good size and is bound with Sterling Silver. I took two different pictures in different light.

Broach 1

Broach

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But we had to grocery shop first before coming home because tomorrow we’re having company for afternoon lunch/supper.
I decided to serve them…BLT’s…I know it’s not company food but it sounds good and we have so many wonderful tomatoes we grew and want to use up…they’re coming on fast now and don’t want to waste a single one.
Plus I just love them…so that’s what we’re having.
I did buy Ribs to make…but changed my mind in the middle of grocery shopping. I can do that can’t I???
(this is not my sandwich…just wanted to make you hungry with a picture) 
BLT Sandwiche

I’m wishing I had more fun things to post about today but when nothing but the sale has happened this week it’s pretty hard to come up with something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, Our friends who live in St. Kitts had Hurricane ‘Earl’ hit the island this past week but they didn’t get any real damage…lots of large palms down. They came out of it quite good compared to some around them…thank the Lord no one was hurt.
Linda was to fly out of St. Kitts on Wednesday the day of the storm…she was coming to the States to her sisters place and they were going to the Adam Lambert concert in Rockford, IL.
Well she made it in spite of the storms and last night they went to the concert…we’re waiting to hear if the trip was worth it – but knowing Linda she’d find something to make it worth the trip…there’s not a negative bone in that girls body!
So Linda…we hope you had the time of your life after risking your own life just to get here!
ADAM LAMBERT last night in concert.
Adam Lambert

So what’s happening in your part of the world on this holiday weekend?
I’ll be checking in on your blogs soon!
Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...