Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 17, 2011

Makeover Monday: Door Picture Frame


Well it's Makeover Monday again! Where I show you an easy and cheap makeover on an item that needs some updating! Today's makeover was absolutely FREE!

My best bud gave me an old door that was her mom's. Her mom didn't know what to do with it so it was thankfully passed on to me. I also got this rocking chair from her mom as well.

It's a nice size beadboard door, complete with hunter green paint. :)
This baby has been sitting in our garage for well over a year. My husband even likes my Makeover Mondays this month because I'm finally clearing out room in our garage and basement. :)


I had hubby cut a rectangle out in the middle of the door with a jigsaw.  


Then I painted it off white. I purposely didn't cover all the green to allow a little to show through. I love the look of painted layers. When that was all dry, I added some Early American MinWax Stain to give it an aged look. I didn't even have to sand down the edges this time.

So you wanna see what I made???


Here's my door today! A fun picture frame to show off my sweet little boys!


I took advantage of this FREE 16x20 Poster Offer at Wal-Mart. Yes completely free! And you can get one to. The coupon expires on 10/31/11.

I made the opening of the cutout to be 15x19 inches, so I can tape the photo poster behind the door. I can easily change out photos doing this.


The door has great original hardware.



My door looks great propped up next to our fireplace (that we don't use) in our living room. :) It can easily be hung on a wall as well. We have a long wall above our staircase that would work perfect, too!

A fun and Free picture frame created out of the unexpected. Love it!


Do you have an old door, window frame or old architectural piece? Create something fun to showcase your family memories!

Linking up HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...