Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 31, 2011

Ok, So I'm Going To Do It


The boys and I want to go camping these coming school holidays.

Oh my, if camping was as glamorous as this, above, I would be there in a shot! I must admit I'm a bit of an 'Audrey Forbes-Hamilton' (prim and proper character from 'To The Manor Born' - TV Show from the 70's).... love my showers, Norsca towelettes and antibacterial hand wash.... but I have 2 active boys and I think we need to head out bush and search for lizards and dig for things... and do boy stuff.

So, where do I start? I need to get the essentials... just the essentials.... what are the essentials?... besides a tent? This is real virgin territory for me.... but I have been so inspired by Deb's adventures at Let's Go Moerkabout (and boy did they have the gear).... I've gotta do it.... for my boys.... I need to see 'camping smiles'.

So any advice from any hardy campers out there would be much appreciated. I would also love to hear of any great places to camp in South East Queensland/Northern New South Wales.

Can you imagine the blog fodder I will have if I pull this off....I mean WHEN I pull this off.


Let's hope it doesn't end up with this reaction. This photo of my boys makes me belly laugh. They were at a little kids party, thunder egg searching with their little cousins... faking their enjoyment for the sake of 'manners'.... good lesson. They loved that sort of stuff when they were really little but as they have gotten older...well see for yourself. I took them aside and asked them to look really bored for a photo. The little one cracks me up! He looks like a young Jim Carrey. He can pull a dead pan, expressionless face in a heartbeat and hold it together and not smile while we all crack up. He is hilarious! This was taken about a year ago. Still makes me laugh.

So any advice would be so appreciated. Don't tell my boys that I asked for your help. I want them to think I am a 'Camping Legend'.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...