Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sundays In Paris - A Little Bit Of Paris At Home


Up the 'Paris End Of Latrobe Terrace', here in Brisbane, is Daryl's gorgeous shop, 'Du Monde'.
Daryl held his fabulous, bi-annual 'Footpath Sale' yesterday, so my friend and I got there early.
Before I waffle, I need to say that I am eyeing off that gorgeous chair in his store window. 
Daryl has his furniture custom made you know. Deep sigh.


Let's start with the important stuff... our nail polish matched.


No really, if you live in or near Brisbane and seriously miss Paris... hang out with Daryl.
He goes to Paris all the time and sources the most exquisite and unusual things.
Everything has a story.


These beautiful monogrammed pillowcases have been traced back to a convent in Ireland.


These were made from a roll of mangle cloth from almost a century ago. 
They felt so beautiful.... and still had that lovely 'as new' luster.  


Look!.... Paris books and stuff.


... and true blue, dinky di Parisian perfumes.. which smelt heavenly. 
I wore every one of them all at once.


I pounced on some little 'French Bee' salt and pepper shakers amongst these treasures.


Beautiful faux flowers and urns....and Daryl's hand to the right. 
He was in his 'shed clothes' so was not ready for his 'closeup'. 
I know all about 'shed clothes' ...so I understood completely.


Some local artists thrown in for good measure.


Some baskets I snapped up.
One can never have too many baskets, I say....


..."or cushions", my friend said...
... taking advice from Faux Fuchsia, Brisbane's 'cult blogger'...
...... who "never knowingly undercushions". Ref: FF, 2010
NB. My friend bought all of those... too much of a bargain to pass up... so she took the lot.


We stopped for a brief 4 hour coffee after our shopping...


.. and enjoyed the view.
That tall building on the horizon, to the left is my suburb...
... so I'm not far from Brisbane's 'little bit of Paris' at all.

If you need a regular dose of Daryl's exquisite taste... his blog can be found HERE.

Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...