Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, January 27, 2012

Be Mine Bonanza: Day 6-A Beachy Valentine Wreath

Hi there! 
I am Michelle from Emerald Cove and I am so happy to be here again at the Second Annual Be Mine Bonanza!

I had so much fun last year with the pom-pom flowers.
This year since I am longing for the beach, and if you follow me you know how much I LOVE the beach, I decided to pull out my driftwood, shells and twine and create a Valentine wreath from the beach.

I gathered my materials:
Styrofoam heart
Twine
Shells (starfish)
wood rod 
Driftwood
faux pearls


Before I started winding the twine around the heart, I though that it would be easier to place the wood rod in first.

A good idea, but be gentle when you are pushing it through and you might even find something sharp to get you started otherwise you wind up with a broken heart. :(


No worries though, nothing a little hot glue can't handle!

Once you have the rod through, you can start winding and winding...

and winding!

It does take a while but it is something that you can do while watching TV and when you are done it will look something like this.


I had to get creative with the points of the heart and unfortunately I don't really have a "correct" way to do it but I will say hot glue helps ALOT. 

From there you can glue on your shells.

I used a starfish for the point of the arrow and clam shells for the feathers.


Then I adorned then with the faux pearls.


The final part was to just tie them to the piece of driftwood with twine and hang!


"If love was water, I would give you the sea."

I heart the beach! :)

Thank you Kindra for inviting me to join up again this year and hosting such a wonderful event, I am always so inspired by you.
xoxoxo
Photobucket


Thank you so much Michelle for joining in on the Be Mine Bonanza again! I just love the idea of using twine to create such a wonderful wreath. Adding the beachy feel is perfect to go along with the decor in Michelle's home. You can find Michelle HERE. She has one of the biggest hearts and it shines through her words and photography. Her projects are pretty awesome as well. Drop on by and tell I sent ya. :)
BE MINE BONANZA LINKY PARTY

I also want to feature you as well. Instead of my Terrific Under Ten Tuesday this week, I will have a Be Mine Bonanza linky party open up all week.



Link up your Valentine projects.
You can link up as many posts as you like.
Please leave a link back to At Home With K in your post or on your blog.
The Linky party will be up until January 28th.
Thanks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...