Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monday Nook And Clutter Busting


Now, isn't this the most perfect home office, work nook? Plenty of storage space and just enough desk space for the essentials. A great way to keep the clutter at bay. If you don't have the room, you have less chance of filling it up with 'stuff'. Well, that's how it sort of works for me, having lived in a smaller space over the past 18 months! 

I am having a great time sorting, decluttering and packing up my life for my house move in a few weeks time. It feels so good to do an inventory of your possessions and ruthlessly remove any that are not "useful or beautiful". Thank you William Morris.

I'm using Courtney's  'Five in Ten Rule'  from her blog, 'Be More With Less', for not only my wardrobe but my kitchen bits and pieces as well....... and books and magazines lying around.....pulling out five items (that I haven't worn or used in the time I have been in my current abode), in ten minutes, and then boxing them up for my favourite charity: www.giveit.org.au. 

I keep in mind many of Courtney's clutter busting 'Mini Missions', that I have participated in over the past year or so, as I sort and pack up my home. Her 'One Is Enough' challenge has really helped me pare down my makeup bibs and bobs... but like most... a girl has to have more than one lipstick and polish! The essentials have been easy to pare down to one though. 

We have one week left of the school holidays.... so yesterday, while we were mooching around wondering how we were going to make the last week of holidays memorable, we spontaneously decided to spend it down at the beach. The last hurrah of sorts. We're heading off there today.... after a quick trip to 'the shed' of course... to send out some stuff. I'll blog from the beach :)

Happy Monday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...