Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 23, 2012

Memory Lane


As this blog of mine has really become a journal of my life, interspersed with house images I hyperventilate over, I had to do this. I had to go back and find some photos of my boys 4 years ago.... as I was very emotional at our first day back at school yesterday. Time is flying and it all really hit me yesterday. 

I was a mess as I watched my big boy walk up the road to spend his last year in Middle School..... and my little one looked so lonely waiting for his new class to arrive. His year is an 'intake year' so the grade population has doubled with new boys... all looking rather lonely and scared too. I cried for the scared little new boys too. I cried for everyone. 


Little tacker is now wearing those shorts his big brother is wearing and you can actually see skin on his legs now! He has graduated to the big shorts that need a belt and he wore his first school belt with such pride yesterday. He said he felt really big and grown up. I forgot about the belt thing.... well I remembered when they started school holidays and went rummaging for the hand me down belt shorts, laying them out ready for school in the new year... but the belt.... forgot all about it. We did some creative 'belting' yesterday morning as the big son's one was handed down and we hunted for something suitable for big son to wear!



Fully belted!... and proud as punch in his brother's 'big shorts'.



There's the esky. It was full to the brim there and empty on return.

Day Two. I am making the most spectacular school lunches, even if I say so myself. Big son has offered to do them but I have a need to pour love into my boys in the form of lovingly made school lunches for a while. I am sure I'll hand over the reigns a few months down the track. You can do the ironing instead big son. 

It's a rainy day here. Rats. School is not much fun in the rain. Can't run around and be boys.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...