Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, January 27, 2012

First Week Back At School Report


It's been a great week. My boys are joyous to be back at school. They are very happy with their teachers, their electives, their new 'belt shorts' (little one) and we are all back into the whole post school routine of snack, play, homework, music (oh that piano seriously needs a tune.... after the move).



We were lucky enough to soften the blow, of the first week back at school, with a public holiday on Thursday. We took advantage of a break in the rain and headed out for a BBQ picnic by a stream. We searched for frogs and bugs. The bugs were fed to Brian and Nigella, our lizards. I know. I couldn't watch either. 


I spent the week catching up on paperwork.... anywhere that wasn't home. I know.... and here I was rabbiting on about healthy eating a few posts back. "Do as I say boys, not as I do". Home is a mess of semi packed boxes. I needed the hustle and bustle of life to sit amongst as I planned my year and caught up on emails. I am also mourning the fact that Justine's coffee shop will be so much further away when I move. I have promised Bill and James that I will visit regularly so I will make my 'visit day' a 'Justine Brownie/Haloumi Special Day' as well.


I'm gonna miss you guys!



Justine's new menu. 
The Haloumi Special is now called 'Lucky Lucky'.
Posto, Boundary Street, West End.
"Run, don't walk". Ref: FF, 2010


Dear Ian, the apartment complex maintenance man, has been foraging for boxes for me for months. He slips them under my garage door as he finds them for me. What a treasure. Has made it all so easy this time around! I am awash with boxes... even glamorous overseas ones with little pictures that you tick to show which room the contents belong to. I know they are international ones as they have the word 'attic' on them. We just don't do 'attics' here.


Today, I am off for a run with my big son. Look, he comes running with me on weekends! I had to take a photo to commemorate our first proper run together. He didn't even get puffed.... or stop... or need to stop at the top of the hills when I did. Youth! I keep forgetting he is 31 years younger than me.... or as he said, when I whinged about how I'd been running for a year and he'd been running for 5 minutes and yet he runs rings around me...... "I can't help it that I was born after you Mum".

After our run, we're doing an 'Emergency Nespresso Run' into town, on our bikes!

Happy Saturday! What are you up to today?

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...