Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'll Miss Them


It's back to school today :(
Our carefree days are over. We all have to get back to work... even the grown ups!

This photo was taken 4 years ago, when my little tacker first started shool. I am going to come back to this post this afternoon and load up a photo of the two of them now. The height difference now is significant.... boy, did my big son grow over the holidays! Yesterday we officially ruled that he is now taller than his Mum. We headed into town yesterday to buy him a new esky.... as a lunchbox could not contain what that boy eats now.

They're excited. All their school clothes were laid out last night... and not under my direction. I heard a commotion while a lost hat was frantically searched for and mutterings that 'a Saturday detention was not a great way to start the school year'. It was found. We also found the lost library book that was added to my term fees each term last year while we searched for it. Phew! I was lamenting about how broke I was going to be today.... as Term One fees are due by this afternoon. Big son said, "Mum, I'll make it all worth it. I'm going to work really hard again this year. Promise." He will too. They both will. Their schooling is the best investment I have ever made. 

So I'm off to make the first round of school lunches for the year. Going to have to do my run in the dark now.. to fit everything into the morning schedule.

Have a great day today everyone. I am so sentimental this year....almost teary about them going back to school..... as I know these 'back to school days' will end one day. They grow up soooo fast. Slow down 'Mr Time', slow down!

Happy Monday!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...