Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of January 15, 2012


I love meal planning. In the 6 years I've been doing it I know it's helped save us money, time and hassle. I started planning weekly menus when we were saving to buy a house. It was purely about saving money at that point. And, to be honest, I can't even remember how we grocery shopped or cooked before that. Without a list of recipes and ingredient lists, how the heck did I know what to buy? Or cook on a Tuesday?

That being said, there are plenty of weeks I struggle to create a meal plan. Sometimes, like this week, I'm so inspired by blog posts or cravings that I have my meal plan done early in the week. Other weeks it's Friday afternoon and I'm desperately trying to finalize our shopping list when nothing sounds appealing. But I still meal plan because at this point I don't know any other way to cook meals for my family.

Sunday - Pork Chop and Hash Brown Bake: I didn't get to make this last week so I'm carrying it over. The mystery casserole from the freezer will have to wait another week.

Monday - Chicken with Creamy Chive Sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans: I first saw this recipe on Jessy's blog but have since seen others on my cooking board make it and rave about it. I can't wait to try it.

Tuesday - Hoagies

Wednesday - Taco Rice: Another Cassie recipe that I know won't steer me wrong. I love tacos and whenever I make them SP is always asking for rice on the side, so this is brilliant and perfect for us.

Thursday - Crispy Parmesan and Garlic Chicken, pasta and salad: I finally joined Pinterest and this was one of my first pins.

Friday - Homemade pizza

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...