Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Be Mine Bonanza: Day 4-Felt Topiary and Free Valentine Printable

Guest Post from
Tiffany at Ladycrafter14

I just love decorating with RED!


Valentine's Day is so fun for me.  I created a Free Printable and especially love the "1 Corithians 13:13" line that I embedded in the print.


Above you can see the faux red topiary... read on to see the "how to"



You will need a Styrofoam ball, red felt, scissors, straight pins, and a little bit of time... hence the beer:)





Trace around a cup or something to make a circle pattern on your felt.  Then take your pattern and stack your felt 6 high, at least... hopefully your fabric shears are sharp.  Cut approximately one bajillion circles... haha each topiary was about 1/4 yard of red felt.

To create your "petals" begin by folding a felt circle in half.


then you are going to bring in one-third of it


fold in the other one-third


next stick a straight pin through the corner


stick that sucker in your Styrofoam ball and continue

leave a circular bare spot for the ball to rest on a candlestick.  You could also stick a dowel into the ball and create a slightly different look.  I like the candlesticks... which were wedding gifts that I never knew what to do with because I'm not that fancy, but I love the look with the felt topiaries!

Up Close!

So Pretty!

The printable link is below.

Another use for this technique is to get a Styrofoam heart and create a wreath.

Happy Valentine's Day from Ladycrafter14!!!


Thank you so much for guest posting here today, Tiffany! My favorite color is red, so I was oohing and aaahing over this fun topiary. What a great pop of color it gives to her shelf arrangement! And thanks for the free printable as well! Tiffany is another Nebraska blogger that loves to create when she has free time from her 4 beautiful children. You can check out her wonderful blog HERE!

ALL WEEK LONG!

I also want to feature you as well. Instead of my Terrific Under Ten Tuesday this week, I will have a Be Mine Bonanza linky party open up all week.



Link up your Valentine projects.
You can link up as many posts as you like.
Please leave a link back to At Home With K in your post or on your blog.
The Linky party will be up until January 28th.
Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...