Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 23, 2012

Be Mine Bonanza: Day 2-Valentine Throw Pillow

Hey At Home with K readers! I'm Christina, and I blog over at christinasadventures.com . I am a mid-twenties wife and doggy-mom, who teaches children on the Autism Spectrum. I LOVE everything thrifty, and I'm in love with make-over stories!


I'm so excited to kick off Kindra's fun Valentines Day series! :) I am so not typically a "Valentines Day" girl - but I had a lot of fun making this pillow!


It all started when I saw this sweet pillow on Pinterest:







 I figured I'd just put my own spin on it! To minimize the sewing, I used a thrifty placemat I got from a local discount store:


  I used a seam-ripper to take out the seams on the right and left sides of the place mat:


  Then I cut out some fleece hearts (it was a fabric remnant on a great sale) using a piece of piece of
folded fleece:

    Then I lined up the hearts and just attached them temporarily with tape until I could sew them on:


  Then I hand-sewed the hearts on using a contrasting thread:



 Once I got them all sewn on, I sewed ribbon on between the hearts and did a little stitch in the middle of each heart as well. This was a little difficult, but I used a thick needle and some muscle and it worked :)

  

Then I stuffed it with some batting and hand-stitched the sides closed. And it's finished! :)


I think it's so cute - and I love that it doesn't have to be all pink and red, but it's still an appropriate decoration for Valentines Day! If you want to see more projects like this - come stop by my blog! It's a fun place to be :) Thanks so much for having me, Kindra!



Thank you so much for guest posting here today, Christina! I just love the idea of using a placemat for the pillow form. The details Christina added are perfect to have out for Valentine's day and even all year round. Christina and I are quite alike, we love to decorate and create on a budget! She even has a weekly linky party on Thursdays that are for projects made for $20 or less. Go check out Christina's wonderful blog for inspiration!


ALL THIS WEEK!
I also want to feature you as well! Instead of my Terrific Under Ten Tuesday this week, I will have a Be Mine Bonanza linky party open up all week.



Link up your Valentine projects.
You can link up as many posts as you like.
Please leave a link back to At Home With K in your post or on your blog.
The Linky party will be up until January 28th.
Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...