Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Terrific Under Ten Tuesday #11

Welcome to Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!
A Linky Party for DIY projects, recipes, thrift finds, family projects that you made or bought for $10 or less!

Garage Sale season is here! Each week, I see more and more signs popping up on street corners. I'm so excited to see what thrift finds I can find this year. :)

This weekend I hit up a couple sales and I found this wonderful old tin for $1!


It appears to be an old food tin.
The lid says:
Loverin & Browne Co.
Wholesale Grocers
Chicago


I opened it up and there was a little flour inside (new flour). Don't think I would put food in this anymore...LOL But it looks wonderful to display.

I just love the detail.


I've been debating on painted it or not. So I did a little research online on this Loverin & Browne Company tin. One of my seaches said it's from the 1870's! Another search said these were rare. And someone else had one for sale for $30. So I don't think I'll be painting it anytime soon. :) Not bad for $1!

Now it's your turn to link up to Terrific Under Ten today!





At Home With K


Here are the rules:

1. Your project must be made or bought for $10 or less. Crafts, Makeovers, Thrift Finds, Recipes, Kids Projects...

2. Please do not link up Online Shops or Giveaways.

3. You can link up multiple projects.

4. Link to the specific post and not to the main page of your blog.

 5. Add the Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays button to your post, side bar, or linky party list.

6. Visit at least one other project and leave a comment. We all love comments!

The linky party will be open til' Thursday night. Then I will feature some favorites on Friday!



*By linking up, you give me the permission to use your photo(s) from your post on Feature Friday.

Linking up HERE


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...