Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Has Sprung & A Winner!

This weekend Nebraska experienced a taste of Summer temps! On Saturday it reached 90 degrees in my area-a new record high! So needless to say my family practically lived outside the last couple days. :)

We're slowly cleaning up after this long winter's nap. I even managed to wash up a few outdoor decor items that need a little tlc and paint to freshen up a bit. So hope to tackle those this week to mark off one thing on my outdoor to-do list.

While playing and working outside, it's been fun to see a little taste of spring popping/growing in our yard. So camera had to come out to capture the moment before it all changes in days to come.

“The spring has sprung, the grass is rizz. I wonder where them birdies is?”
~Winnie The Pooh


"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
~Anne Bradstreet


"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created
 Spring."
~Bern Williams


"Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's Party!""
~Robin Williams


"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies."
~Nadine Stairs


"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."
~Doug Larson


"Die when I may, I want it said of me that I plucked a weed and planted a flower where ever I thought a flower would grow."
~Abraham Lincoln

And when spring starts, that means a 100 or so of these to pull.

I hope you are enjoying your taste of spring as well. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all who entered in my 500 Followers Giveaway! It's time to see who's going to win the goodie basket and 1 year Country Living subscription!


I used my lovely assistant, Random.org to choose the winner.

The winner is:
#79 Gwen from Gwenny Penny

Congratulations Gwen! Email me your address so I can get your prizes sent your way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...