Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Earth Day Projects

Earth Day~April 22

My family LOVES Earth Day! It's one of our favorite days of the year. We celebrate with crafts, food and a trash pick up at our town park. It's something my boys and I look forward to each year.

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ~Native American Proverb

I found some wonderful DIY projects that you can make from things around the house that normally end up in the trash. I hope this inspires you to make something Beautiful instead of filling up our landfills. :)

Pretty cards made from leftover wallpaper.


Don't throw out those toilet paper rolls. :) I've seen a lot of TP petal projects all over blogland lately.


A fun message center made from a cookie sheet (used of course), leftover contact paper, tin can and bottle caps.


Go through your recycling bin and get out the old tin cans! I love these DIY lanterns!


Homemade notebooks made from scratch paper and leftover scrapbook paper.


So pretty. I love jar projects! Don't throw out those old jelly jars! What a fun vase to hang from a wire.


The same idea can be used for candle lanterns.


How about jar picture displays?! So cool.


Don't throw out those old cereal boxes and get organized!


Make a fun bank with your kiddos out of used plastic containers. My boys love clear banks so they can SEE their money. :)


Don't throw away that old shirt! Make a fun reusable bag. Of course mine would be a I Heart Nebraska one. :)


Discover bottles are so much fun for little kiddos! Another great use out of those plastic containers!


Got any other fun Recycling Projects to share? I would love to hear about them!

Have a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...