Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Bold New Chair

I've been painting away on some "diamonds in the rough" items this week! The weather has been beautiful so I was taking advantage of it! Rain and possibly snow in the forecast for the next few days. Boo.

I did a fun out of the ordinary makeover to share with you today.
I got this chair at an auction for $2 and it's been sitting in my garage for about a year waiting for me...

It's old and pretty but it's short. LOL It appears her legs have been chopped off. But I thought she would be the perfect chair to have sitting out by our fire pit.


I washed her all up and yes, I went BOLD! I got some free paint at my local salvage center last fall and this color has been waiting for me to use for months. But I was scared. I play it safe with white, black, red...never teal! But my fear is over with.

I simply adore my new chair.


I even tried to apply stain to her but had to paint over what I stained because I loved the boldness of the piece. Now when we're playing in the yard, the color always catches my eye. I'm so glad I took a chance. It's just paint right?


Do you dare to go bold?! Come on...try it! You might surprise yourself, like I did. :)

And yes, my hubby is happy to have more room in the garage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...