Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, April 1, 2011

Cabinet Door Picture Frame (and Feature Friday)

I worked on another FREE makeover this week. I made this fun cabinet door picture frame!


I got this cute beadboard cabinet door at my local salvage center during their Free week last fall.

I've been brainstorming forever what to do with this. Then a light bulb finally clicked this week. How about a picture frame?


So I decided what sizes to cut my squares. I chose to cut a 4''x4'' square in the middle and (2) 4''x6'' rectangles. I just used a ruler to draw my shapes that I needed to cut out. Then a jigsaw was used to cut out the openings.


I took some scrap 1/4'' thick leftover plywood that I had lying around and cut them a little bitter than the square/rectangles in the cabinet door. Then I glued them to the back side of the cabinet door. I would use a heavy duty glue like gorilla glue.


Before I added the back plywood pieces, I painted the door first. I left the outside trim the same black but painted the inside beadboard and plywood pieces an antique white. I then sanded down the cabinet door to give it a good distressing. Then I applied some Early American MinWax stain to give it a richer look.


After it was dry, then that's when I added the back plywood pieces. Also add a sawtooth hanger to the back for easy hanging.

Now it's time to get your favorite photos out to enjoy! I use poster putty but you can also use photo safe tape as well. Then they can easily be changed out.


If you don't like it vertical then enjoy it the other way! 


This was a fun and easy project...and don't forget FREE!

So be on the lookout for those old cabinet doors at salvage centers/garage sales. Garage sale season is coming up! Woop! Can't wait!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again for all who linked up to Terrific Under Ten Tuesday this week! Here are a few projects I would love to feature today.

Lori from Make Prim Happen gave this $1.99 Thrift Store find a great black makeover! Love the arrangement as well.


Pam from Be Colorful showed off her awesome painting talent with this fun birdhouse. I love the quote to added to the side of it. "There is nothing half so pleasant as coming home again."



 Lucy from Lucy Designs made these FAB dragonflies from a little bit of everything. Can you guess what the wings are made of? Ceiling fan blades. :)


Heather from Summerstead provides a tutorial on this fun hanger! I love the look of the old barn wood and the elegant knobs together.


I love lemonade. It's my favorite drink. :)
Colleen from And Baby Makes Five shares a cupcake recipe with a lemonade twist. Can't wait to try!


If you were featured today, please grab an "I'm Featured" button for your blog!


At Home With K
 
I'll be linking up to a few of these linky parties.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...