Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, March 23, 2012

Quilt tops, more sheep, winnings

I guess it wasn’t enough that I posted a long post already this week…there’s more she has to say you ask yourself…oh yes, there’s more…MORE SHEEP THAT IS…like I don’t have enough – maybe I do – but isn’t there always room for ‘just one more’?  But in this case TWO MORE…oh my….where will they end up!

Well, one is a PINCHUSHION – I just had to have it. You know how that is when you see something and say THAT’S MINE!!!!
Yep, I ordered this little cutie from Cathy at
Red House Wool Studio
http://www.redhousewoolstudio.blogspot.com/

She also has a blog
Orange Sink
http://www.orangesink.blogspot.com/

And don’t forget…you can also fine her at
Primitive Handmade Mercantile
http://www.primitivehandmadesmercantile.com/p/red-house-wool-studio.html

This lady does awesome work…now I ask you…is this not just too sweet…see why I had to have it.
It’s pure wool and Pennies…oh yes, Pennies – and buttons!
Sheep pin cushion 2

Sheep pin cushion

 Sheep pin cushion 3

THANK YOU SO MUCH CAROL…I LOVE IT.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And this adorable gal named Beulah…from Carol over at Buttermilk Creek Farms ( http://buttermilkcreekfarm.blogspot.com/)
Remember the Mouser, Miss Maggie Sue that I posted earlier this week – she was part of a swap?
Well this is her little friend Beulah – Now tell me I didn’t need her…Maggie Sue said she needed her so home she will come soon.
She’s a tiny one and all hand made by Carol…approx. 2-1/2 high by 3-1/2 long. How does she do that!!!
Thank you Carol for letting me use your picture.
beulah Carol Buttermilk creek Farm

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So what else is happening here at the home - (oh gosh, that’s sounds like I’m in a HOME…lol)
Well, maybe I am – feels like it sometimes!

I must have the stars all lined up for me this month because I won another give away
I won these wonderful treasures from Michelle at
Simple Pleasures (
http://simplepleasures317.blogspot.com/ )

It all came wrapped and presented so pretty…I couldn’t wait to open it all.
The giveaway was for her bowl of handmade waxed eggs – but Michelle added a few extra treasures.

Winnings

In the little cloth bag were some waxed bowl fillers…so cute!
All winnings

Look at this awesome Gooseberry Patch Cookbook – too sweet!
Cook Book

And the wonderful bowl of hand made waxed eggs…adorable!
 
Eggs

THANK YOU MICHELLE….you spoiled me!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

YOOOOO-HOOOOO….Angieberry…look see….
Yesterday was a beautiful day (one of our last for awhile) so I took advantage of it and grunged the quilt tops – just look at them blowing in the breeze – I love that look. 

This one here is my favorite…I love how the blue darkened from the coffee dye. If it didn’t have so many tears in it I just might consider completing it – but the fabric is so think I don’t think it would hold up.
I think what I will make from this is pillows from the squares – at least that’s what is in my head ‘today’.
Quilt 1

This is the way it looked when I received it
 
Quilt 1

This one didn’t darken as much but for real it looks darker than the picture
Quilt 2

This is the original look – doesn’t even look like the same quilt…but it is!
 
Quilt 2

 Quilts 3 

Quilts 

Thanks for hanging in there with me today – I really didn’t know I was going to do a second post
but thanks to all my wonderful friends I have ‘food’ for a post!

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just a little thing to think about…Robin from The Primitive Hutch
(
http://primitivehutch.blogspot.com/ )
and myself are trying to get a day get-together with all the Wisconsin bloggers
( and anyone else who would like to join in )

We’re in the process of picking a day and then we’ll post the details for signup…
not sure where we will be meeting for our days outing but it
probably will be somewhere easy for EVERYONE to get to.

One date we thought about was May 19th…keep it in mind.

So keep watching – we’re hoping for mid May or there about.
We have about 10 on the hopeful list so far!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...