Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Monday Nook


Isn't this a lovely little nook? .. such a pretty space, bathed in glorious natural light. Those shutters are just perfect.... privacy, but still lots of light. I love the idea of furniture in bathrooms. I might just do this next time... nook, furniture, shutters.. the lot. I'm thinking.... some fancy wallpaper above the wall tiles perhaps?... depends on the floor tiles. The desk/chair would be white and the mirror, silver. Yep, I can see it..... and there would be some grey in those floor tiles....Ann Sacks style.... like these:


or with a touch of black:


..... or the ones I keep coming back to, after years of loving them:


Sigh! Still sets my heart a flutter after all these years.

Monday! Two more weeks left of term. Where have those school fees gone? The term needs to be longer! 

I have a sick boy at the moment... but he has to be ambulatory... as he has a week of exams. It's going to be a struggle. He has inherited his mother's tragic lungs. The 'atypicals' love him... just like they love me. My Dr rolls his eyes at me when I say, "I swear a little Mycoplasma or Moraxella has taken up permanent residence in my lower lobes". As a little tike, I used to wait for the loud drums/brass in orchestra so I could hide my cough. True. That was way back. If they're out there, they find us, those bugs..... she typed, cough, coughing in the dark, hunched over her computer! 

My poor love.... lots of nurturing this week. 

I'm slinking into an orchestra tonight actually, to see if I can keep up. If so, I might stay. I miss my music. I did 19 years as the solo violin in a bush band, surely I can survive back desk second violins in a symphony orchestra.. although there's lots more semi-quavers. Bit different to 'Wild Rover', 'Knees Up Mother Brown' and 'Tenpenny Bit'! I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow. Bit nervous...but I will regret it if I don't try. 'Do something every day that scares you' right? Yep, tick! I am prepared for it to go either way! 

Have a happy day! 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...