Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 22, 2012

DIY Subway Art for My Son

Pin It

This week I created some easy DIY Subway Art! You don't need an expensive cricut or silhouette...but it would sure be nice to have. LOL Come on and I'll show you how to make one yourself!


After I found a quote I wanted, I created the layout I wanted on Picnik.



I recently learned about blockposters.com, thanks to Because (I Think) I Can! This is a site where you can create posters from any size image. You then print it out on our printer. I printed mine at the approximate size of the canvas I had.


I watched Celebrity Apprentice on my computer and I started cutting away each letter with an exacto knife. It was easy, just time consuming. It took the whole episode. :)

I then taped the sheets together for easy stenciling.


I got a 20''x 20'' canvas at Michael's for 40% off. I painted it a shamrock green color as the base. I placed my make-do stencil on top and stenciled away with white craft paint.


This sign was created for my youngest son's new room. I wanted something to best describe how mommy and daddy feel about him and inspire him as he grows. I took weeks looking for the perfect quote. Well at least it took me that long to decide on the perfect one.

This special boy has overcome many obstacles in the past year. We are so proud of him.
And he's super happy because his room is finally done! :) The reveal coming soon!



Linking Up HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...