Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Houses That A-M Built


'Lucky Pen'

Bit beside myself. I bought a block of land. Deceased estate. Signed the contract the day before yesterday.... with the agent's lucky pen. I could feel it in my waters that it was going to be mine.... but I still used the pen... so as not to offend the nice agent. He was very nice. Nice manners.

So, I am going to try my hand at a subdivision and build 2 beautiful houses side by side. There is a house on the block at the moment. I think I am going to polarise my blog readers when I eventually publish a photo of it as, despite it being post war, it is sort of really lovely.... in it's own way. It's not timber, it's stucco and brick.... so it's going to have to be a noisy, scary demolition.....no warm and fuzzy recycling story this time around I'm afraid. I will make a promise to the neighbours that I will replace it with something much much better.

At this stage, I am not going to get ahead of myself.... which is extremely easy to do when you have a blank canvas sitting there in all it's beauty! Step by step. I'm in discussions with a town planner at the moment, during the contract due diligence stage, as I wish to reconfigure the current subdivision to enable the best street elevations and city views for both houses. So I am changing a 2 lot, into a 2 lot, if that makes sense.... from long and skinny blocks to square blocks... with wider frontages. I'll get the terminology right eventually. I built the last place on 'thingys' and 'whatsits' so I know that people do eventually get what I am talking about.

I'm really, really going to need your help. Lots of advice. Just like last time. Remember? You helped me build that place. I can't do it on my own. So how about it? Are you in?

Might have to change the name of my bloggy?
Photobucket
PS And in other exciting news, I had the most delightful day yesterday! Taubmans flew me to Sydney so I could take part in the Taubmans Great Colour Debate. I will tell you all about it tomorrow as I have to rush out the door this morning. Lots to do! Kid's to deliver at school, town planner meeting and filthy shed chores. The glamour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...