Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dreaming Houses

I know I have featured this home before. Here it is again because I love it.

Ok, so I have already built the house (in my head) but it sort of looks like I'm not going to get the block. 

I was doing the whole 'act as if' thing .... as if I was going to get it....willing it into reality, the night before last... pouring over my chicken scratch sketches.... fitting everything into every sqm. A cut on the lower side to hide the garage from the front elevation, a dutch door into the mudroom, an L shaped porch at the front, a pool in the far left corner, poolhouse coming off the back of the garage, entry foyer with gorgeous staircase. It all fit! Even though it's a small block, it's on a corner. Can you imagine... a gabled elevation on each street! Sigh! And it's flat!.... limited retaining... limited engineering costs.

So the seller is not budging off his price. He owns, and rents out, the house next door to this tiny block I am stalking. I have asked the agent to go back and tell him, "does he realise what he is turning down next door to his place, if he doesn't accept my offer?"Does he not know that my project will increase the value of his property next door? The owner actually knows of me. He had a wander through 'the house' before I sold it. I used to be great friends with his previous tenant.. still am. None of this helps of course when it comes to wheeling and dealing! The agent is going to give it all another try tomorrow.... at my dogged insistence. I have already increased my offer twice. I'm afraid, that's it. It wont be win-win if I go any higher.

Ok, most likely I will be walking away from this one. Some 'buyer's market'! I don't think inner city Brisbane is a buyer's market at all. What GFC? This is where the statistics are misleading. There may have been a reported drop of 6% in house values, in Brisbane last year.... but that was the outer suburban areas. It was certainly not within 5km of the CBD.... well certainly not where I am looking!

There'll be something else. I know it. I can feel it :)

Happy Wednesday!

Photobucket


:)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...