Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ranch Pasta with Bacon, Spinach and Tomatoes

I recently discovered that I love the flavors of Ranch dressing. The herbs in the dressing add a great kick to anything I've added it to. SP was skeptical about this one, but after one bite he was hooked.


This recipe is very, very loosely based on a recipe for Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta that I printed out a long time ago. When I went to the blog the printout says it came from the recipe was very different, so I consider it more of an inspiration then anything else. I have to admit, I'm excited that I actually came up with a recipe on my own. I very rarely do that.



Ranch Pasta with Bacon, Spinach and Tomatoes
A Taste of Home Cooking Original

1 teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
Olive oil
4 garlic cloves minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 bag baby spinach
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb short cut pasta, cooked according to package directions
Grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese

Combine first 6 ingredients (through dried thyme) in a bowl and mix together. This is your Ranch seasoning. You can also use a packet of pre-made dried seasoning.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet large enough to hold the pasta over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add Ranch seasoning, spinach and tomatoes. Cook until the spinach wilts. Add pasta and cooked bacon and toss to combine. Add grated cheese and taste for seasoning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...