Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Melbourne


Check out these little poppets!


Check out the skirt....


.... and the socks!!!


I want some.

These little angels were helping out their Mum on her stall, at the launch of 'The Boutique Markets' in Melbourne this weekend past. Their Mum, Peta, runs a darling boutique, 'Milk and Coco'. 

I bought this, from 'the poppets', for my nephew who is arriving next week. 
Breathless with anticipation, a little brother for 'Miranda Rose' (more goss next week).

'The Poppets' named him 'Felix' for me. 
He comes all the way from Amsterdam... and he is lovingly hand made.
Now my youngest son wants one too. He just giggled when he met him.


The markets were a huge success. The lovely Hawthorn town hall was buzzing. It was such a great day. I met heaps of talented Melbourne artisans....and drooled over so many gorgeous home decor goodies......and I must admit, having the opportunity to finally meet Melbourne bloggy friends, did set my tongue a flutter. I had a very sore throat by the end of the day. 

I finally got to meet 2 of my most favourite 'BBB's' (blogging building buddies). 'Mrs B', (from 'Decorating A Modern Home') and 'Stormygirl' (from 'Stormy's Castle')... it was hilarious, we had been supporting each other through our house builds over the past few years, the highs and lows, the tears and excitement.... and when we finally met, we had to firstly establish our real names as opposed to our blogging names, through which we knew each other so well!

... and you know what?..... blogging really does bring out the real person, as meeting these 2 gorgeous girls, it was like we had known each other for years..... yep total sore throat!

I met lovely 'Deb' who has been following my blog for years. Her boy also has a bearded dragon lizard like my boys. Her hubby, Peter, warned me never to take them to the vet (yes vets do treat lizards) as it has been proven to be very pricey for them! Peter runs 'Slattery and Acuroff' (stairs!... gorgeous stairs, people... side track I know, but you know how much I love a good staircase).

I also met 'Trying to Decorate' from 'The Decorating Forum' and her gorgeous daughter. We had so much to chat about and her beautiful girl showed me photos of her bedroom that she decorated herself. Very talented! TDD filled me in on lots of Melbourne info, great shops and places to visit. 
Oh, so little time!

So wonderful to meet you all, my blogging friends.


I hung out with Joy and Clare, from Mondo Cherry. Their beautiful wares proved very popular. 
Look at the last minute touches Clare put to the lamp on their stall.... the little butterflies flying up the lampshade.... so pretty.


Taryn, from Twine and Teacups, flittered around taking all the professional photographs for the day.
Taryn will be loading up all her photos on the 'Boutique Markets' facebook page HERE, later on today.

Thank you Rachael, for such a wonderful weekend with all the Boutique Market girls. We wined and dined.... and dragged ourselves away from op shop windows close to midnight one night! So many lovely things to see and do. I am looking forward to getting back to Melbourne for the Design Fair in a couple of weeks time. 

Happy Monday all. Sorry for the late post! I had to get my darlings back off to school. 
First day of Term 3... they were pumped!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...