Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 22, 2011

Favorite Things

downy spray

I hardly ever iron.  It’s not that I don’t enjoy it because I actually do.  But there are only 24 hours in a day, and I’ve found a faster way.  It’s called Downy Wrinkle Releaser.  You can find it in the laundry cleaning section at Target and Walmart and online.

It surprises me how many people I’ve met who haven’t heard of it, so I make it my duty to enlighten them…. and now, you!  The secret to an iron free life is to unload the dryer immediately, fold the clothes or hang.  Then on the day you pull out your favorite ensemble, simply spray any remaining wrinkles, and smooth out with your hand. 

Or you could do it my way and spray after the clothes are on.  I’ve been known to line the kids up before church on Sunday and spray them down.  Does that qualify me for the bad mom award?  Probably, but hey, they look good and we’re making memories. 

downy spray 4Eva, just sprayed.

The spray comes out in a fine mist and doesn’t saturate the fabric.  It’s excellent for around the house too.  In fact, I didn’t iron the curtains in my latest project:

newmaster1

I just sprayed them once they were up.  It works!  I also use it for bedding… sheets, duvet cover, bed skirts.  It’s great for traveling too!  Just pour into a small spray bottle, and it can tag along in your luggage.  My friend says that I could probably make my own using fabric softener and water.  She might be right, but I haven’t attempted it yet.  Until then, this is definitely one of my favorite things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...