Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lighting Heaven


Am tripping the light fantastique down here at the Design Fair in Melbourne. Well I am not really dancing but I am almost skipping.  Found some gorgeous, gorgeous glass lights. Available over HERE. Meeting lots of lovely new suppliers too.


Check out this fabulous modular bar. Made in the style of a turn-of-the century-travel trunk. 



Couldn't you see this in a gentleman's study?


From one extreme to the other, from feeding the birds with Bill to swanning around all these beautiful things. Life is surreal sometimes. Do you know what I noticed here yesterday, at the fair? No one smiles. Everyone is so serious. C'mon people, you are surrounded by BEAUTIFUL things and happy exhibitors... smile, enjoy yourselves. I know retail is tough at the moment.... but...

I am off again today and meeting my 'Melbourne solicitor cousin' for lunch. She's crazy busy but she is dropping everything for one whole hour so we can gasbag and catch up. My brother is down here for business too.... so hopefully I might see his smiling face today before he heads home to his babies tonight.

My boys are ensconced down at their Grans for a few days. Besides school, they're finishing off their tree house, bouncing on trampolines and looking for fauna... please, no snakes boys. Guaranteed, I'll need the Napisan when they get home!

Thank you for all your wonderful, generous offers of art supplies for Bill. I am working through my emails so I will reply as soon as I can. Just want to make sure we don't double up. I took him some new graphite sticks last time I saw him. He couldn't get the packet open fast enough. He is going to faint when I bring him all your goodies.

I also want to make mention of the fact that I am so grateful for all your emails to me about your lives, your beautiful homes. I am sorry if I do not answer them immediately. I work on my emails whenever I get a spare moment. Slowly making my way through them so if you are waiting to hear from me, I'll be in touch very soon.

I'm off to scavenge for more pretty lights.
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...