Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Visit To The Block

Had to get a photo of 'The Cushion'. 
"Throw yourself on the bed 'Treens'.... that'll be the room reveal photo tomorrow on my blog!"
 And so it is.

Well I didn't receive any photos of the room reveal from Channel 9 last night so I guess I will just have to use my own! The lovely Julie-Ann (from the Decorating Forum, who I excitedly met for the first time yesterday) and I popped around to catch up with Katrina yesterday on The Block. She was busy working away, tidying up for the first open house that is scheduled soon.


Katrina and Amie's main bedroom is spectacular in real life. The wallpaper just 'pops'. It's all very striking with the black and white theme. Since the show was filmed they have installed some groovy louvres on the windows which create a sense of privacy and filter the light beautifully in the room.


I was fortunate enough to also visit Katrina and Amie on The Block during filming just after the main bedroom and ensuite had been completed. I took some shots of their white ensuite bathroom tiles when I was there. I was so enamoured with them.


I was seriously in love with Katrina and Amie's front door. 
I wonder if they got to keep it for a souvenir? 
I forgot to ask.


So yesterday I got to swan around the study when it wasn't full of building junk like it was on my first visit. I love all their vignettes. It's a fabulous room..... and I also stand by their decision to do a study and not a bedroom. The ceilings are gobsmackingly high but the room is much narrower than it appears on TV. It was crying out to be a study. A bed would have looked stupid. A bedroom would not have worked. The cabinetry actually gives it all a feeling of space and height. Yep, they repainted the silver doors white. Looks good (even though I liked the silver). It's a beautiful room. If it was my place, it would be the room I lived in permanently.


We had a chuckle over the judges comments about the books being turned around the 'wrong way'.
Since Katrina's last visit, someone had turned them around again so she set about turning them back the 'right way' with the spines in. Thank you very much mystery stylists.

I took a great photo of 'Mr Chambo' on his hands and knees, cleaning paint splashes off the floor but I can't publish it as I just realised it would have been a 'spoiler' photo as you can see the hall, the front and the floors in it. I will embarrass him when the show is finished. It's a deal.

Look there's The Decorating Forum's Julie-Ann. Yes she's real, she does exist! 
And Katrina has mastered the most fabulous TV smile. She's getting lots of practice!

So we wandered down to a groovy little Melbourne-ish coffee shop for some brunch and nattered about important things like.... our boys, the best deodorant for teenage boys, blogging and bloggy friends... and life after The Block. Thanks for a lovely time girls. The planets aligned and we were all in the same city at the same time! Perth + Brisbane + Wagga = Melbourne. Who'd have thought!

Back to the school week. Rumour has it that my boys spent the whole weekend in a tree and only came down briefly to eat. .... and they have the scratches and insect bites to prove it!

Happy Monday!
Photobucket
PS. Katrina has just put up some great photos of the main bed and ensuite HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...