Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bill


Found Bill, busily drawing away the other day. I chatted to him about selling a few of his treasures.
I told him about you, my readers, and your generosity and how you love to help and give. He agreed that giving is good and that people love to help and be needed. Ah, can't you tell I used to be in sales... leading up to getting him to agree to your kind offers! He agreed to a price of $50US per drawing. They are his life so I could see some hesitation. Here's another:

Isn't it gorgeous!

I tried to glean what he would like from those who have offered. It's a fine line between treading gently and beating it out of him. 

In the end, I beat it out of him......art materials. He would love some new art materials. He is pretty right for food... has a 'breakfast arrangement' with a local business.... but I swear he is more worried about the birds and ends up sharing his cereal with them. Blankets, he has two.  

So art materials... Bill does mixed media. His textas have dried up, he could do with a new set of beautiful coloured pencils, some graphite sticks, coloured graphite sticks? .....a decent set of crayons and A4 sized drawing pads. This is just from what I could see. He didn't want to ask for too much. So the list is mine.... for him.

Let me know if you would like to send Bill a gift of art materials. You can send them to my PO Box and I will pass them on.

Oh, he loved his poetry books. I looked back after I had said a thousand farewells and this is what I saw.

A smile.
He particularly liked the waterproof packet I had put them in. He said I was innovative!
Thanks for your help. It's nice to make people's lives just a little bit better.
Bill is a nice person.
Photobucket
a-m@capecoddesigns.com.au

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...